Base system: 4 aggregate bins, 2 cement silos, 6 admixtures (metered), 1 water (metered), truck conveyor, truck horn, cement aeration, 1 aggregate scale, 1 cement scale, vibrators on both scales.
Expandable to: 12 aggregate bins, 8 cement silos, 16 admixtures, 3 waters, chilled water, water holding tank, water & admixtures scales, multiple aggregates scales, multiple cements scales, double feed gates (fast/slow), bin vibrators, multiple conveyors, dust collectors, fans, dust shakers, spray bar, telescopic sock, re-circulating cement scale screw, live bottom batcher, bin indicator lamps.
Automatic moisture compensation of aggregates and water targets based on moisture percentage of aggregates. Moisture can also be entered by the operator on material tables. Together with moisture control, yield adjustments based on specific gravities of aggregates keep the yield constant, as originally designed.
Support for Hydronix microwave moisture probes allows for continuous moisture readings as material flows from bin to hopper, accounting for moisture variations in real time to produce a well balanced mix even in the event of extreme differences in material moisture.
Batch water temperature control
Automatic water target calculations to batch cold, recycled, hot or chilled water in order to produce a preset water temperature for the overall water target. Based on temperatures entered on materials tables or real time temperature measurement from temperature probes (RTD's).
Types of mixers: tilt, reversing, shrink, pan, twin shaft.
Dual Wet/dry plants: control for dual truck loading bays, for dry mix discharge (transit mixed) and central mixer discharge (wet mix). Flop-chute or conveyor control to rout materials to mixer.
Miscellaneous control features
- Freewheeling: allows you to start batching the next load while still discharging the current load.
- Set up the next load to batch while batching the current load. Select an automatic or manual start for the next load.
- Free-fall compensation and variable jog times are automatically calculated for each batch. Times are automatically readjusted after each batch to compensate for changes in plant behavior.
- Progress bars for batching graphically show the progress of weighing and discharging sequences on batch screen.
- Auto tare compensation to batch by net weight takes into account leftover material on scale hopper up to a maximum allowed tare weight.
- Decumulative and continuous batching modes handle plants with no aggregate scale and paving plants that continuously batch the same mix design repeatedly.
- Bin switching during batching allows switching from an empty bin to another bin with same material.
- Discharge rate control for aggregates and cements (according to individual truck loading speeds) makes for improved mixing. Rate can also be adjusted on the fly during discharge.
- Soft manual batch screen for manual batching or trimming materials during automatic batching. All amounts are recorded in the inventory and QCLog for each load.
- Admix bottles empty interlock stops the batch if leftover liquid is detected in a bottle at batch start or batch end.
- Admix flow check monitors pulses to stop the batch in the event of meter malfunction.
- Admix discharge sequence triggered by user-selectable discharge event, with adjustable delays and purge times.
- Weighed admix support for up to 4 scales, with user-selectable discharge sequence.
- Admix pulse meter soft calibration scales admix pulses according to user-defined "volume per pulse" factor.
- Color batching for liquid or solid colors, metered or weighed.
- Fiber batching by weight or by metered pulses.
- Dual admix pulse meter support for plants without admix bottles, with cross-check and alarm in case of pulse meter malfunction.
- Recycle water proportioning with optional density meter interface automatically adjusts water targets to limit percent of fines in batch water.
- Water Hold/Continue/Skip function during discharge. Admix Continue/Skip while batching.
- Cement temperature display from RTD probes in silos, recorded in QCLog for each load.
- Batch simulator safely introduces a new operator to the system for training purposes. Inventory, QCLog and reports are not affected when operating in simulated mode.
- Actual batched amounts recorded in QCLog and inventory after each load. Includes true water/cement ratio, material moistures, returned concrete and water in truck.
- DOT batching modes approved for NY, MN and CA Departments of Transportation.
Order entry and ticketing
- Full featured order entry for concrete and non-concrete products. Delivery ticket printing on impact or laser printers. Pricing, taxes and totals are printed on COD tickets. All items can be exported to accounting at end of day.
- Built in scheduler: dynamic sorting of jobs list according to time of next delivery, spacing, travel and pouring times suggests which jobs to load next. Times are easily changed when conditions vary during the delivery cycle.
- Unlimited databases for jobs, clients and extra Products
- Custom delivery ticket layout, easily adjustable to fit your current ticket layout. Support for barcode printing on ticket.
- Google or MapQuest integration from order entry screen to map delivery address and directions; print map using separate printer.
- Concrete calculator pop-up window to quickly calculate volumes of rectangular or circular slabs or tubes, in both metric and Imperial units. Store volume results and pricing under a client name or telephone number for future retrieval.
- Multi-user stations can be connected anywhere to your internal network to participate in order-entry tasks.
- Logging of all loads, including manual loads, dry-up loads, adjustments to automatically batched loads, voided and aborted loads.
- View-Print-Export-Save functions for any report. Exported reports can be opened by a spreadsheet or imported into another program. Saved reports can be imported as text into a word processor.
- Built-in reports: ticket, client, jobs, mix, truck, driver, material usage (by mix or by jobs), inventory entries (aggregates, cements and admixtures: amounts received/corrected), truck tracking (by client, by driver and by truck).
- Built-in filtering: filter reports by date range, keywords or conditions such as 'over/under', 'returned concrete' and others.
- Custom reports: up to 10 user-defined reports are easily programmed by selecting items to display for each column.
Remote operation and administration
Remote batching and remote operation through the Internet or within your internal network. Allows batching, order entry, training, printing reports and any other function as if you are in front of the batch computer at the plant.
Q/C Link software companion module allows you to remotely access and manage mix designs and reports in the background, even while batching, without interfering with batching or interrupting the plant operator.
Support and maintenance
Remote web support from our offices to update software, setup new features, troubleshoot, optimize and resolve operational issues during support calls as if an MPAQ technician is present at the plant.
Audit log feature tracks and stores changes to plant parameters, mix designs and other important information to allow for troubleshooting and resolving operational issues.
Automatic data backup of all batch data and programs to an internal solid state memory disk allows us to troubleshoot issues and restore the batch PC to a previous state when necessary. Custom boot DVD provided with each PC allows you to quickly reload the system disk from scratch if the Windows operating system is malfunctioning. Automatic maintenance routines for system disk keeps your PC running efficiently.
Dispatch: bi-directional integration using the industry standard Universal Link protocol (ULink over TCP/IP). Receive tickets and mix designs from dispatch, send batch results and inventory entries back to dispatch.
Quality control systems: bi-directional integration with iQuadrel Q/C software using standard ULink directly to a separate TCP/IP port on the TouchBatch™ computer.
Accounting: export ticket data from batch computer to off-the-shelf accounting software such as QuickBooks, Accpac and others to speed-up invoicing and reduce errors due to repetitive data entry.